Neuralight, Inc. (“Neuralight,” “we,” “us,” “our”) is committed to letting you know how we will collect and use your personally identifiable information. This Privacy Statement is applicable to the Neuralight website, accessible at https://neuralight.ai (“Website”), and your use of the Neuralight SaaS products (“Service”) as a customer. We have established this Privacy Statement to let you know the kinds of information we may gather on the Website or about you through your use of the SaaS products, why we gather your information, what we use your information for, when we might disclose your information, and how you can manage your information.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to information that you may submit to us offline, or to third-party websites and mobile applications that may be linked to or from the Website. We are not responsible for the actions and privacy policies of these third-party websites and applications; you should review the third-party privacy terms in respect of your use of any third-party websites or applications (even if linked through the Website).
By visiting our Website or using our SaaS products, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Privacy Statement, please do not use the Website or our SaaS products. We reserve the right to modify the terms of this Privacy Statement from time to time without notice. Your continued use of our Website and/or SaaS products following the posting of changes will mean you accept those changes.
Personal Information We Collect and/or Store
In general, we may collect two basic types of information about you: (1) personally identifiable information (“PII”) and (2) non-personally identifiable information (“non-PII”). PII is any information that can be used to individually identify you. PII includes, among other things, your first name, last name and contact information (e.g., email address, postal address, telephone number). Non-PII includes information that does not personally identify you, such as your IP address, device identifiers, general location information, and demographic data.
We gather information when you provide it to us. We automatically collect certain types of information when you interact with the Website or our SaaS products, and we might collect information about you from other sources, including our partners, conference administrators/sponsors, and publicly available sources.
Information You Give Us
You provide PII to us when you:
- Request information about our products, company, or offerings through the Website
- Send a message to Neuralight through the contact link on our Website or by sending an email to a Neuralight email address
- Submit a job application online
- Sign up to receive email offers, newsletters or alerts from Neuralight
- Submit a request to download one or more Neuralight Solution Briefs, eBooks, Case Studies, White Papers, Reports, or other resources
- Participate on social media accounts involving Neuralight
- Subscribe to our blog
- Register or attend a Neuralight event or a conference at which Neuralight is a sponsor
- Use our SaaS Products as an end user
- Communicate with us by phone, email or otherwise
- Complete a questionnaire, support ticket, or other information request
- Knowingly volunteer information to us
You provide us non-personally identifiable information when you:
- Search for Neuralight or our products
- Employ notification services
- Configure your settings or otherwise interact with Neuralight products
Automatically Collected Information
We collect information automatically when you:
- Visit, interact with, or use the Website
- Use the Neuralight SaaS products as an end user
- Download or stream content on or linked from the Website
- Open emails or click on links in emails from us
- Interact or communicate with us
Examples of the information we automatically collect include:
- Device information used to access the Website, such as
- IP address
- Unique device identifiers
- Browser type and version
- Browser language
- Browser plug-in type and version
- Operating system
- Time zone setting
- Other information
- Network and connection information and information about your internet service provider
- The location of your device or computer
- Usage information about interaction with the Website such as a history of the pages viewed, content downloaded, streaming, playback details, or other information used to customize the Website
- Additional use data such as time and date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, and referring website addresses
- Identifiers and information contained in cookies
- Aggregate data regarding the use of the Website
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
- Marketing, sales generation, and recruitment information, including your name, email address, physical address, phone number, and other similar contact information
- Subscription, purchase, support, or other information about your interactions with our products and services offered by us
- Search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links)
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we learn from or about you to help us personalize and continually improve our products and services and your experience on the Website. We may use your personally and non-personally identifiable information in the following ways to:
- Provide requested content to you
- Communicate with you, including information about features and enhancements to our products or Website
- Measure use of, analyze performance of, fix errors in, provide support for, improve and develop our products
- Provide services to you
- Process transactions related to our products or services
- Send newsletters and respond to inquiries
- To market and promote our offerings
- Optimize or improve the Website and our operations
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Website
- To prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to help us protect the security of our customers
We may use the information collected from one portion of the Website on other portions of the Website, and we may combine information gathered across the Website or through your use of a product into a single record. We may also use or combine information that we collect through your use of a product, that we collect offline or that we collect or receive from third-party sources to enhance, expand, and check the accuracy of your user records.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to disable or reject cookies. Most browsers allow you to block or otherwise reject our cookies. If you block or delete cookies, or if you set your browser to decline cookies, some features of the Website may not work or may not work as designed. For more information on cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information provided by the Interactive Advertising Bureau at www.allaboutcookies.org.
We may also use web beacons or other technologies. A web beacon (also known as “action tags,” “tracer tags,” or “single-pixel gifs”) is an invisible graphic on a web page that is programmed to collect non-PII information about your use of a given website. In the event we do obtain PII through a web beacon, we will not share or provide the PII we collected through such web beacons without your express permission.
Your browser or device may include “Do Not Track” functionality. Neuralight’s information collection and disclosure practices will continue to operate as described in this Privacy Statement, whether or not a Do Not Track signal is received.
Who Do We Provide Your Information To?
Information about you and our customers is an important part of our business. We may disclose your non-PII in any manner that we deem appropriate. We may disclose your PII to our agents, affiliates, partners, and other third parties as described below:
Third-Party Agents and Service Providers
We have third-party agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and service providers who or which perform functions on our behalf, including, but not limited to hosting, content syndication, content management, technical integration, marketing, analytics, and customer service. These entities may have access to PII if needed to perform their functions for Neuralight but are not permitted by us to use it for other purposes.
As Neuralight continues to grow and develop, the ownership of Neuralight may change, we might sell or buy business, or we may go through a corporate reorganization. We may also sell certain assets associated with the business or the Website. In such an event, we may transfer some or all your information to an entity acquiring, or to which we have transferred, all or part of our business assets, or to another entity with which we have merged. Under such circumstances, we would request the acquiring party to follow the practices described in this Privacy Statement. Nevertheless, we cannot promise that an acquiring party or the merged entity will have the same privacy practices or treat your information the same as described in this Privacy Statement.
Law Enforcement, Legal Process, and Emergency Situations
We may also use or disclose PII and non-PII if required to do so by law or on the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Website; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Website or our users, or (c) act to protect the personal safety of us, users of the Website or the public. As part of this effort, we may release account and other PII or non-PII with other companies and organizations for fraud prevention and detection or credit risk reduction.
How We Keep Your Personally Identifiable Information Secure
We are committed to protecting the security of your PII and take certain security measures to help protect such information. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal information. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you. Understand, however, that while we do our best to safeguard your PII once we receive it, no system of storage or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
You can help to protect the privacy of your own information. You must take precautions to protect the security of any PII that you transmit over any public or untrusted network by using encryption and other techniques to prevent unauthorized interception of your PII. You are responsible for the security of your information when using unencrypted, public, or otherwise unsecured networks.
How Long Do We Keep Personally Identifiable Information?
The time period for which we keep information varies according to what the information is and the purpose for which it is used for. In some cases, there are legal requirements to keep data for a minimum period. Unless there is a specific legal requirement for us to keep the information, we will retain it for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected or for which it is to be further processed.
The Website and our SaaS products are not intended for children under 13 years of age. Unless otherwise disclosed during collection, and with parent or guardian consent, Neuralight does not knowingly collect PII from children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, do not provide PII to Neuralight.
Your privacy rights
Certain jurisdictions provide users with certain statutory rights to their Personal Information. Subject to exemptions provided by law, and with proper identification, you may have the right to certain actions to your Personal Information such as:
- Right to verify your Personal Information (to access, delete, change or update any Personal Information relating to you. For example, if you believe that your Personal Information is incorrect, you may ask to have it corrected or deleted)
- Right to see what Personal Information about you we have
- Right to request that we erase Personal Information about you (subject to any other legal obligation that may require us to keep that information)
- Right to restrict us from processing Personal Information pertaining to you (for example, you may request that we will stop using or sharing your Personal Information with third-parties)
- Right to export Personal Information in a portable format
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When handling your request, we will ask for additional information to confirm your identity (which may include Personal Information). However, please note that if you choose not to allow us to process your Personal Information, we may be prevented from providing our Services.
Please note that these rights are not absolute and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are collecting or processing your Personal Information not in accordance with the laws, you can file a complaint to the applicable data protection authority.
Opting Out of Email Marketing Communications
You may opt-out of receiving future email marketing messages and email newsletters from Neuralight at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that you may not opt-out of our communications with you that are related to your use of the Website or the SaaS products (unless you are no longer an end user).
Changes to This Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement is subject to occasional revision, and if we make material changes to this Privacy Statement or in the way we use your personal information, we will prominently post notice of the changes on our Website. Any material changes to this Privacy Statement will be effective thirty (30) calendar days following our posting of notice of the changes on our Website. These changes and the updated version of the Privacy Statement will be effective immediately for any new users of our Service. Changes to this Privacy Statement may affect our use of personal information that you provided us prior to our notification to you of the changes. If you do not wish to permit changes in our use of your personal information, you must notify us prior to the effective date of the changes. Continued use of our Website or Service shall indicate your acknowledgment of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes and the updated Privacy Statement.